ABB Ltd Management Report 2015
ABB Ltd is the holding company of the ABB Group, owning directly or indirectly all subsidiaries globally.
The major business activities during 2015 can be summarized as follows:
The company provided management services to a Group company of CHF 30 million.
- share buyback for employee share programs of CHF 258 million
- share buyback for reduction of share capital of CHF 1,183 million
- share deliveries for employee share programs of CHF 125 million
Dividend payment to external shareholders
- from capital contribution reserve of CHF 1,233 million
- in form of a par value reduction of CHF 378 million
The Company reduced its share capital by CHF 394 million in the form of a par value reduction from CHF 1.03 to CHF 0.86 per share.
In 2015, the Company employed on average 20 employees.
Once a year, the Company’s board of directors performs a risk assessment in accordance with the Group’s risk management process and discusses appropriate actions if necessary.
The Company does not carry out any research and development business.
In 2016, the Company will continue to operate as the holding company of the ABB Group. No change of business is expected.
February 25, 2016